Rs 2000 Note read all features and myths about it
Prime Minister Narendra Modi caught everyone by surprise on Tuesday when he announced that the currency notes of ₹500 and ₹1000 wouldn’t be counted as a legal tenders from midnight. Another key announcement made during the speech was that a new ₹2000 note would be issued, which the government says is more secure than the ₹1000 note.
The Reserve Bank of India detailed out the new currency in a press release issued late night. It has details of all the key features of ₹2000 note including features for the visually impaired. Here are the key features:
1. The new note measures 166 x 66 mm, slightly smaller than the ₹1,000 denomination which was measured at 177 x 73 mm.
2. The color of the new note is magenta.
For visually impaired:
3. Newly designed intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identity mark. It has raised printing, which was also present in the earlier notes.
4.There is a horizontal rectangle with 2000 in raised print on the right. This looks different from a diamond for ₹1000 note seen on the left-hand side.
5. There are seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print.
6. The note has a see through register with denominational numeral 2000 on the left-hand side. This see through panel used to be in the middle of the ₹1000 notes.
7. Latent image with denominational numeral 2000 at the bottom left which can be seen when the note is tilted at 45 degrees.
8. Denominational numeral 2000 in Devnagari which was not present earlier in the denomination of 1000.
9. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi has moved to the centre instead of the right-hand side.
10. Windowed security thread with inscriptions s ‘भारत’, RBI and 2000 on banknotes with colour shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
11. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right. This is moved from the center-bottom earlier and is now placed in a vertical manner instead of horizontal one.
12. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, 2000 in color changing ink (green to blue) on the bottom right instead of big fonts for 1000 at the center.
13. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (2000) watermarks moved from the left.
14. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side. This change will make the forging of the note tougher as the varying size of the numerals were not present in the earlier versions of the currency.
The authorities have redesigned the backside completely with new logos and motifs along with the color.
16. Year of printing of the note on the left.
17. Swachh Bharat logo with the slogan.
18. Language panel towards the center.
19. The motif of Mangalayan.
20. Denominational situated at the left-hand side.
The new notes would be available for circulation from 10 November. RBI has said that the roll out will take place gradually so that there is enough awareness around.Source- huffingtonpost
After releasing the key features of 2000 note there was huge rumour that the note has chip in it and has GPS function also and some Indians also tore the note to check the chip but the result was negative but yes it has many security features also.