We all have special love for our hair. We all want strong, shiny and healthy hair. For this, we are using good shampoos, conditioner and we are often taken spa from parlor but still, something is lacking. Our hair needs something which can directly or internally work on hair. Our hair needs the right type of nutrients which can help our hair to grow long and strong. Here are some foods which can really help us in this regard.
- Eating spinach is a great way of getting nutrients into your diet. It contains vitamins B, C and E, as well as potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and Omega 3 – all of these are required for good healthy hair. The iron content in particular helps the red blood cells carry oxygen to hair follicles which are essential for healthy hair growth. The high iron content in spinach helps red blood cells carry oxygen to hair follicles.
- Lentils are a good source of zinc and biotin which help with good hair health. They are also a great source of protein. Protein is an important macro nutrient for the hair. Protein helps with the strengthening of the actual hair strands. A good source of protein in your diet will help with the healthy growth of hair. Try adding lentils to salads and soups for a healthy addition to your diet. Lentils zinc and biotin which help with good hair health.
- Poultry such as chicken (pictured) contains protein which strengthens the hair and increases the bioavailability of iron, which promotes hair growth
- Salmon is a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega three fats are really good for your hair. Omega 3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties. This can help to open the hair follicles which promote healthy hair growth. One of the signs of lack of Omega 3 is a dry scalp and dull looking hair.
- Sweet potatoes are packed full of a nutrient called beta-carotene. Beta carotene is converted by the body into Vitamin A. Vitamin A deficiency often results in the dry skin which can affect your scalp and can fall off your scalp as dandruff. For a healthy scalp try incorporating more beta carotene into your diet.
- Put raw eggs directly onto hair to help with hair condition. As well as being high in protein, they contain biotin. Biotin is a B vitamin which is essential for scalp health and hair growth.
- Walnuts are a source of Biotin amongst other nutrients. Biotin helps strengthen hair, reduce hair loss and improve hair growth. Walnuts are also a good source of vitamin E. Vitamin E deficiency may lead to brittle hair which easily breaks off or snaps. Try eating walnuts as a healthy snack.
Carrots containing vitamin A, these vegetables help you get that shiny well-conditioned look by maintaining the natural oils in the hair and keeping your scalp in tip top condition.
For tips for healthy hair, please click here- tips for healthy hair